All Online Meetings are currently using the Zoom App.
Remember to Mute your Microphone unless you are speaking.
- Online Al-Anon Meetings in District 7
- Online Al-anon Meetings in District 17
- Online AL-Anon Meetings in District 36
Best Practices For a Digital 7th Tradition
Online meeting spaces make it difficult to “pass the basket.” Some groups have set up digital contribution accounts with services like Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay, etc. to deal with this problem. Now might be a good time to review an essential piece of AA literature, “Self-Support: Where Money and Spirituality Mix.”
Each group is autonomous and might consider taking a group conscience on whether digital contributions are an option, and which platform (or mix of platforms) best suits their groups’ needs.
Why collect 7th Tradition for an online meeting?
Our regular meeting locations still have operating expenses…
- Our meetings facilities may rely on our regular rent to help pay their rent, utilities, and employees
- Meeting supplies will still be needed when our meetings reopen – coffee, paper products, literature, refreshments. And after an extended closure, we may experience a large influx of people who are motivated to re-join the fellowship in person.
Central Office and the General Service Office still have operating expenses such as…
- Websites – which we may now rely on more than ever!
- Phone lines, rent and insurance on office space
- Utility and other ongoing expenses
- Paid Special Workers who deserve our continued support. Their compensation is crucial to their ability to serve us.
Our Districts and Areas and H&I still have expenses…
- Regular expenses to support the work of committees and events that will take place when the crisis has passed are still there.
- Web services support for groups
- Expenses for venues for events that have been cancelled may still need to be met, since any income from the event won’t be there to support the pre-payment of reservations, cancellation fees, etc. The expense of re-arranging for venues to reschedule events is very real.
Let’s continue to support these folks during the crisis.
You can Donate to the Racine Area Central Office thru PayPal using the button below.